* THANK YOU!!!!! We had the most magical time at our wedding... we can’t stop talking about how amazing everything was.
You and Aymeric were truly incredible and we are all so thankful to you both for creating such an unforgettable and special event. I hope it was your best wedding yet at your beautiful chateau... the only wedding that I would be ok with beating ours, will be my sisters, which will also hopefully happen one day soon at Varennes!!! (Anna, wedding, September 2012)
* Thank you so much for all your efforts. The wedding was more than perfect. Every day was unique and you worked so hard to make it all go so smoothly.
I absolutely adored the lanterns, the fireworks were outstanding, the wine tasting and tour of the environs was beautiful, the flowers and the decoration of the chapel were exquisite, as was the food! The wedding menu was brilliant, all the food was visually beautiful and the tastes were divine. The barbecue, breakfasts, brunch all superb and the wines exceptional as was the champagne.
Thank you for your attention to detail and for your unrelenting kindness. Your staff are well chosen and they too performed all duties with kindness and always with smiles!
We have no regrets apart from the fact that it is now a memory but you helped to give us some of the best memories of our life. Thank you.
We are planning to return for a reunion and we will certainly return for our daughter Alexandra’s wedding ! Thank you for everything. Best wishes always, (bride’s mother, wedding, September 2012)
* Just a quick email to thank you and all your staff for the most wonderful week at Chateau de Varennes. It was truly one of the most outstanding holidays for us all. I will be in touch about next year. Regards. Clare (holiday group, Summer 2012)
* Our stay at your lovely chateau was truly memorable. The house has a wonderful atmosphere and the beds were so comfortable and all the bedrooms and bathrooms really lovely and luxurious. The children had the holiday of a lifetime.....they never stopped talking and playing from the moment they arrived! I think, should we come again which we find very tempting, we would employ the chef for both meals. I would like to say again on behalf of the whole family that it was a truly wonderful holiday from which we savour many many happy memories. With warmest wishes from us both, Bernard and Sarah (holiday group, Summer 2012, coming back in Summer 2013)
* It was amazing, just amazing, and the most beautiful start into my marriage that I could have dreamed of! Thank you so so much! Adrian is overwhelmed by all the work we did and the beauty and magic of the result! And so are our friends! What is the most important for me is that this wedding proves that our passion and dedication to perfection leads to a magic atmosphere and a absolutely loving surrounding. (Myriam & Adrian, holiday and wedding, July 2012)
* Ce fut vraiment un séjour magnifique. Tous mes invités ont été très heureux de leur séjour aux deux châteaux et des activités. Bravo, et mille fois mercis, tout le staff était très agréable et professionnel. Ce fut réellement mémorable. À très bientôt (Alexandre holiday and 40th birthday, July 2012)
* We just wanted to thank you for letting us have our wedding at Chateau Varennes. It was truly an amazing weekend, everything we wanted for our wedding. The venue was the perfect place to have our families and friends celebrate with us. It was comfortable, relaxing and of course a stunning setting. You truly have an amazing place, it’s incredibly special. We leave tomorrow for our honeymoon. Thank you again, we will never forget this weekend! (Risa and Griff wedding, June 2012)
* I would wish to thank you both so very much for providing Chris and Mutsumi with the fairytale wedding that they wished for. The Chateau is outstanding,the planning and organisation was of the highest professional standard as was the catering. Any future bride should have no doubt whatsoever in choosing Chateau de Varennes for their wedding as they will always be given Seven Star treatment in the most beautiful of surroundings. Thank you both once again (groom’s parents, Chris & Mutsumi wedding, May 2012)
* Once again, we would like to thank you for all your help and support for our wedding and our stay. It has been a wonderful week for us during our stay (Cindy & Henrik, wedding, May 2012)
* Sonia, Everything was perfect!! I can’t thank you enough, it truly was the best weekend of our lives. I really want people to know just what a fantastic wedding planner you are, and what an incredible venue you have. Thank you again (Caroline & Ricky, wedding, May 2012)
* MERCI !!! We will be back (Y&R Switzerland branch, corporate workshop, October 2011, came back in September 2012)
* We had such perfect time. Everything was just right (Paul’s 40th birthday, October 2011)
* Thank you very much for all your work. The result was above our expectations, everything was absolutely perfect and we are very grateful to you for our wonderful wedding (Andrea & Christine, wedding, October 2011)
* Thank you for your friendly welcome in your chateau, we enjoyed the week very much. And so we are thinking about renting again a week in the beginning of october 2012! (Karl, holiday break, September 2011, came back in October 2012)
* We had such an amazing, fun, relaxing week. Many thanks to Sonia and Aymeric for being so helpful and making everything so perfect and especially to the chef for the most delicious food. We hope to return. (Henry and Jan, holiday group, September 2011, came back in August 2012)
* We had the most amazing time and will enjoy looking back at our time together in this spectacular chateau. many thanks (Vesna, holiday break, August 2011)
* The most memorable vacation to date. It has truly been a pleasure to be able to enjoy the experience. (Maureen, holiday break, August 2011)
* We’ve become so attached to your beautiful chateau. Your attention to detail and sense of style makes this place an even more special destination. Thank you for all your help, our stay has been truly wonderful and we hope to be back again. PS : thank you to the staff who have all been fantastic and pleasant (Lydia, holiday break, August 2011)
* I imagine heaven to be like this. I stand in awe of your magnificent generosity (Ben, holiday break, July 2011)
* Luxury in every way. Thank you all ! (Kate, holiday break, July 2011)
* A fabulous, fantastic, enchanting house, matched only by the generosity and bon vivant of the host. Thank you very much. (Sue, holiday and Billy’s 21st birthday, July 2011)
* We felt like the whole experience was one magical fairy tale that we didn’t want to end. I think you did a fantastic job, you are the best. It was truly a beautiful event. All our family had a brilliant time and thought that this is a magical place that will stay with us forever. (Roksana & Dmitry, wedding, July 2011)
* Thank you so much again for all your help in creating such an unforgettable event for us and our family and friends. Everybody at the wedding told us that they have never experienced such a beautiful wedding, and while part of this is due to our friends and family who were with us, much is due to you and all the other helpers in the kitchen and around. (Bjorn & Annika, wedding, June 2011)
* Again, Sonia and Aymeric, you really made our dream come true. I cannot put into words my appreciation for all the effort and work that you put into our special day. Thank you both. (Colleen and Nicholas, wedding, May 2011)
* Thanks so much for an incredible week at the Chateau. The entire experience was incredible, your staff are fantastic and food brilliant ! (Penny, birthday and holiday break, April 2011)
* We just wanted to say thank you again - the chateau and your great quality as hosts made this moment magic. Everything was perfect and exceeded our expectations. Merci de nous avoir accueillis dans ce lieu magique… We are so happy… difficult to find the words. I can’t wait for 10th, 15th, 20th… anniversary for another great celebration here! (Barbara & James, wedding, March 2011)
* When visiting the venue for our son’s wedding, we were treated to lunch at Chateau Varennes in Burgundy by Count Aymeric and Countess Sonia de Truchis de Varennes. They were very gracious hosts. It was in the main dining room and very formal. An excellent meal with a great wine. Big and full with notes of charred oak, blueberries, and plums. A hint of mint on the nez (cellar tracker club, Oct 2010)
* I wanted to write and say how much we enjoyed our stay at your Chateau. It is a beautiful place and very comfortable - Our whole group really enjoyed themselves. Burgundy is a beautiful place! The cook and the team were fantastic - amazing food, very helpful staff. Thanks again. (Oliver, August 2010)
* I just wanted to tell you again how much we enjoyed our holiday in Burgundy. Your chateau is superbly equipped and provided excellent accommodation for our family. We were all very happy there. (Ronald, September 2010)
* This is the most beautiful experience of my life. Thank you to everyone ! We truly could not have gotten married without the loving support of our family and the exceptional efforts of Sonia, Aymeric and team. You are a blessing. I will hold this time close to my heart forever ! PS : we’ll be back! (Rachel, wedding, July 2010)
* We are truly blessed to have had the opportunity to spend the week at your beautiful chateau. It does feel like a dream. I keep pinching myself! Thank you so much for all of your help in organizing our special day (John, wedding, July 2010)